Thursday, September 1, 2011

Everyone has a price

Setting: A dungeon
Characters:
Samuel - Old man chained to wall wearing rags
Robert- Young man chained to the floor wearing rags

Samuel: Robert, push over the pee bucket. I need to take a wiz.
Robert: Its full, Samuel. I don't have the strength to push it over to you. Just aim for it. Its only a few feet.
Samuel: You have no idea what its like to be 76 years old. My pee doesn't flow like it used to when I was a young man like you. Can't you just push it a few feet?
Robert: I have barely the strength to prop myself up on my elbow. I won't ever be an old man if they keep feeding us the clear broth soup. You are lucky you are still alive.
Samuel: Luck has nothing to do with it. hmm
Robert: What? You have a secret? You've been keeping a secret from me after all these months?
Samuel: hmm. I didn't say anything.
Robert: If you tell me, I'll muster the strength to push the pee bucket over to you.
Samuel: I can just wait.
Samuel: Ok, fine. The secret is when I go for my bath each day, they feed me one chicken nugget dipped in bbq sauce.
Robert: What the?! How in the world did you manage that?
Samuel: First push the bucket over.
Robert: No! Tell me how you got them to do that?
Samuel: You have no pity on an old man do you! Ok fine. I tell them a story about how the world used to be back in 2011, when all people spent their days free having fun and eating plenty of food.
Robert: You were barely a kid in 2011! Are you sure you remember things correctly? These stories must be pretty convincing if they give you a whole chicken nugget for them.
Samuel: Please push the bucket over to me.
Robert pushes the bucket over with his foot. the urine splashes around.
Samuel finishes his business. Both are quiet for a long time.
Samuel: Well, now you know. It doesn't help you does it.
Robert: Yes, because now you can bring half of it back to share with me.
Samuel: And why would I do that?
Robert: Because if you don't I'll never push the pee bucket to you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment