Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Moody Blues

INT - STUDIO RECORDING BOOTH in the mid 60's - LATE NIGHT

Sam, Joe, Henry, three musicians in their 20's with tie dye shirts, long beards, long hair. They just finished recording their first album.

Their manager comes in in a huff wearing a white satin suit.

Manager: Great album guys. Sounded great, but we have a bigger problem. The name we choose "The Moody Blues," is taken by another band. They are pretty popular so we can't use the same name or anything similar or we could get sued.

Sam: No way dude, they stole our name.

Manager: Well, no need to dwell on it. We need to find a new name.

Joe: How about "Blue Moods?"

Henry: Or even "Moods of Blue?"

Sam: How about "Blue Moody?"

Manager: Like I said I think we should try to pick something far from our original name to avoid a law suit.

Henry: Oh I see, so something really different.

Joe: Ohhh. I got it now.

Sam: Ok ok, how about "Blue Thoughts and Moods."

Joe: Or "Thoughts of Moodiness in Shades of Blue."

Henry:  Ohh thats good, but whats even better is, "Feeling Blue, and Moody"

Manager: No guys, you are missing what I am saying. I am telling you that we need to drop the words, Moody and Blues. We need a totaly different direction. We don't want to get sued and pay millions of dollars.

Joe: Oh shoot, we were coming up with things that still were similar.

Henry: Ohh, I got you, we need to avoid Moody and Blues. I see.

Sam: Oh man, I feel so foolish making that mistake. I have one thats completely different: "Lying on the Couch with the Moody Blues."

Henry: Yeah, thats brilliant. I know, how about, "Sitting in a bathtub drinking my Moody Blues away"!

Joe: We are really on a roll, how about, "Hoping to die on the Moody Blue planet."

Henry: Thats the best so far!

Manager: You guys are idiots and I quit. (Leaves)

Joe: Gezz, he sure is moody.

Henry: He's got a bad case of the moody blues. Let's write a song about it called Nights in White Satin.

No comments:

Post a Comment