Monday, September 19, 2011

A Husband's Best Friend, Roxy

INT - TEA HOUSE - NIGHT

Luke, is in his late 60.
Ted, Luke's son, is in his early 30s.
Roxy, is Ted's wife, also in her early 30's.

They are all smiling and relaxed as they sit around a small table in the small quiet tea house. There are no other customers in the tea house.

Ted: Dad, speaking of Spot, we are thinking of getting a new puppy for ourselves.

Roxy: But I don't want one because I want Ted all to myself. I think I'd get really jealous if a dog was loving on Ted.

Luke: You don't need a dog. You both seem perfectly happy with each other.

Roxy: Yeah, we are pretty busy. In fact last week I got my rabies vaccine before I went to work. I remember because I was in a marketing strategy meeting and the spot was itchy, so I kept scratching at it.

Luke: Ha, I had to take Spot to the vet because he kept scratching after I got him vaccinated too.

Ted gives Luke, his dad, an offended look.

Roxy doesn't notice the tension between dad and son.

Roxy: The only thing that kept me from nawing off my arm, was my boss, Susan, gave me a treat.

Luke: Spot always wants a treat too.

Ted: Dad.

Roxy: So after our meeting, Karen and I went for a walk outside around the building just to work off some of the energy.

Luke: Spot loves going for a walk

Ted: Dad!

Roxy continues not noticing Teds annoyance at his father.

Roxy: Last Saturday I played frisbee in the park with Hanna then we ate steaks.

Luke: Spot loves playing frisbee in the park followed by a steak.

Ted: Dad, thats enough.

Luke: I think you should recognize the fact that Roxy has some dog like habits.

Roxy puts her head on the table and covers her eyes with her hands and whipmers.

Ted: Dad, leave her alone. She's just insecure because I was talking about getting a dog and she doesn't want to share me. Roxy, why don't we go outside and run around.

Roxy peaks out from behind her hands and smiles. She licks Ted on the check. He puts a collar around her neck and they walk outside leaving Luke.

Luke sitting alone shaking his head.

Luke: (to himself) Thank goodness he house broke her.

No comments:

Post a Comment