Sunday, September 7, 2014

Waiting to live

In nice middle class home.
Man and woman sit watching reality tv.
Man: as soon as I lose 30 lbs, I am going to start playing ultimate frisbee again.
Woman: as soon as I stop nursing Janice I am going to start losing all this pregnancy fat.
Man: as soon as Janice stops keeping us all night I am going to start reading the classics.
Woman: as soon as Janice is out of diapers I am going to join that book club and start reading again.
Man: as soon as I get a promption at work I can start enjoying my job.
Woman: as soon as I get moved to a different department at work I can start studying for the gre on my lunch breaks and go back to school.
Man: as soon as Janice grows up we can go on exotic vacations and see the world.
Woman: as soon as I get my masters I can get an online teaching job and work from home.
Man: as soon as this show ends I am going to get more ice cream, want some?
Woman: yeah, thanks sweetly. One day we are going to really start living.

No comments:

Post a Comment