Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Too Much in Common

Two 33 year old middle class women at a local tea shop.

Amy: I am so glad we finally got to meet to what we have in common after sorta knowing each other from book club.
Denise: Yes! Me too!! You seem so cool!
Amy: you seem so awesome! I think we will have so much in common!
Denise: so let's start with work.
What do you do?
Amy: I am a lawyer , and you?
Denise: OMG I am a lawyer too!!!
Amy: what kind? I am a corp law attorney.
Denise: me too!!!! OMG
Amy: wow!! where do you work?? I work at Edwards and Franklin associates.
Denise:oh shoot I work at Thomas and Howard associates. Your competitor.
Amy: oh crap, that sucks. Well let's change the subject.
Denise: yes what type of hobbies do you have?
Amy: I love singing
Denise: OMG!! Me too!!! What kind of music?
Amy: folk, you??? 
Denise: no crap!! I love folk too!!!! OMG
Amy: what kind!?! I love blue grass.
Denise: OMG! Me too!!! What type?
Amy: new age blue grass
Denise: what!!! Blaspheme!! I only sing original blue grass! You guys are ruining blue grass!
Amy: your ruining blue grass by not letting it grow and develop for a new generation!!!
Denise: let's change the subject , how about food?
Amy: good call
Denise: I am a vegan.
Amy: me too! Do you use oil? I don't.
Denise:  oh man! Oil is a critical life essential, how could you miss that critical fact!! Your killing your self!
Amy:  oil is a poison, you are killing your self. I really can't see eye to eye on anything with you.
Denise: yeah, we could never be friends. We have way too much in common.

1 comment:

  1. TERRIFIC!, I love writing! I love to CREATE, I love using our creative side, wait does our mind have a side? did I just fit a square side into a round mind?

    ReplyDelete