Monday, September 8, 2014

Fortune Cookie Writers Association Annual meeting

Chairman: today we again are addressing the Assocation for Upholding Moral Behavior In Society's complaint about our fortune cookies uses.
Audience groans.
Member 1: this is the same story every year!
Chairman: settle down. This year we've asked them to send us a rep and Id like us all to be polite to Mrs Sandi Thompson. 
Mrs Sandi Thompson makes her way to the front.
Audience boos.
Mrs Sandi Thompson: ladies and gentleman, let's start taking responsibly for the morals of our society. 
Audience makes unhappy noises.
Chairman gets up
Chairman: remember to be polite.
Mrs Sandi Thompson: we have some long standing complaints about the often performed habit which you all encourage with your fortune cookie scripts of adding the phrase " in bed" after the sentence found inside. We find this is to entice immoral behavior in out citizens! It's very offensive, therefore even as we have asked before that you write sentences that prevent this type of appendage from being used for enticing of immoral behavior. 
Audience member : like what???
Mrs Sandi Thompson: we have a list compiled: 
"I love sleeping soundly", "I have good wholesome dreams.", "the place I will sleep tonight is."
My favorite:  "I never do immoral things"
That's our request. You are all very creative writers. I am sure you can come up with more.
Chairman: thank you mrs Thompson.
She leaves the stage to silence.
Chairman: we've so come up with a few.
"Ugh. You looked a lot better last night."
Or 
"I would love to try that."
"I wonder if you still are attractive."
Audience cheers.
Mrs Thompson returns
Mrs Thompson: I knew you could do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment