Sunday, September 14, 2014

Limited Commemorative Elvis Stamps

Location: Us Post office
 
Post office cashier: Next

Woman:  Hello, am I too late to get the limited commemorative Elvis stamps?

Post office cashier: Oh mam, I am so sorry, I don’t’ know how to tell you this, but we sold the last one just moments ago.

Woman: No, you are mistake. Go look again. You probably have another case of them.

Post office cashier: Seriously, I double checked already.

Woman:  You are a professional, check again. I just don’t believe that you could have really sold the last one.

Post office cashier: Mam, this is my Job. I know exactly how many Elvis stamps we had. I know we just sold the last one.

Woman:  Let me back there and let me try to look for it myself.

Post office cashier: You are not a US post office official, mam, you are not qualified to search.

Woman throws her arms in the air:  You made a mistake, Sir. You should plan better and have enough stamps to meet demand.  I hold you responsible for this calamity.

Post office cashier: Mam, they were limited run Elvis stamps. By nature we printed less than demand would require. This is just what happens to all limited run stamps. I’ve seen it happen many times. But I understand your grief and I have a hotline that you can call to get help.

Woman:  Well what if I could find someone who just walked out with the last one? Maybe I can buy it off the person. What did they look like?

Post office cashier: You can’t do that mam. Its rude.

Woman puts her hands over her face and cries: Oh the humanity!

Post office cashier: Mam, please take this hotline number. Call them. They are there to help you through this very common occurrence. They will help you.

Woman: I guess I just have to accept this as my fate. Thank you sir, you have been so patient with me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment