Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Small Town Union

Setting: Small town salon called Stylish Cuts
Jasmine, the owner stands in front of her salon. Her three employees are holding signs in front of the salon. The woman each has a sign that says, “On Strike for unfair labor practices.”
Jasmine: What’s going on?
Mary: Jasmine, we need to talk to you.
Jasmine: Ok?
Mary: We girls noticed that business has been really good lately.
Jasmine: Yes, it has! It’s a team effort and you know you'll be getting bonuses this month.
Lucy: We demand a 25% raise.
Jasmine: Well I would have to review my finances before I can give anyone a raise.
Ann: We also want an extra 30 minutes off for lunch.
Jasmine: Lunch is our busiest time, I need you here.
Lucy: Also, we need to leave early on Saturdays.
Jasmine: Saturdays? But, team, I need you here to help me run this. It’s not just me, its all of us together.
Ann: We also need a division of labor. I will only wash hair.
Lucy: I am only going to blow dry.
Mary: I will only cut.
Jasmine: What about coloring? Who’s going to do coloring? Do I need to hire someone?
Ann: No, you’re not allowed to hire anyone else unless we approve them.
Jasmine: This is crazy! I dreamed about starting this salon since I was a little girl!
Mary: I think that you don't understand the situation. We are going to stay on strike until you meet our demands.
Ann: Let’s see the impact of that on business.
Jasmine: What you are talking about will kill our little company.
Lucy: We need to be protected.
Jasmine: I wasn't planning on doing it, but now I will order 3 robot barbers or 3 illegals. Not sure which, but your all fired. Clear out.

No comments:

Post a Comment