Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Waste of Time

Setting: ivy colored walled office with antiques. Big block with milliseconds hand on the wall.
Characters:
Dr Susan Smith - Doctor of meta physics focusing on time
Linda Jones - Assistant to Dr Smith

Dr Susan Smith: Linda, please bring me my work files on The Existential Treaties on The scarcity of time.
Linda: Of course Dr Smith.
Linda shuffles around the paper work and finally finds a folder
Linda: They are right here.
Dr Smith: Linda, you took at least 30 seconds to hand them to me. That’s a waste of the precious time we have on this planet.
Linda: Dr Smith, I am sorry. I am just a grad student, and I am not as good as you are yet at time management. Please forgive me.
Dr Smith: I think you don't understand my work here. You don't respect it.
Linda: Oh?
Dr Smith: Time is limited. Its scarce. When you take time wastefully to hand me something, that’s both our time that you are wasting Linda.
Linda: I apologize. I won’t waste your time anymore. I actually have to go because my experimental drug to cure cancer is getting tested on a patient today.
Dr Smith: Its ok. I’ll forgive you if you will sweep the 150 ivory stairs on your way down.

1 comment: