Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Expectations

Setting: Hot tub in Vail CO resort located in a valley surrounded by thick green trees up the mountain walls. There are champagne glasses filled to the top.
Characters:
Tom - man in his early 30's
Sandy - woman in her late 20's

Sandy: Riiiichhhh Huuuuuusbaaaaaand. I just love how that sounds. I am so excited. I am going to quit that stupid job at the factory, join a spa and get massages everyday after lunch with the girls. Cheers!
Tom: Aw, houuuuuuuussssssssse wiiiiffffeeee.
Sandy: Huh?
Tom: I am so excited to wake up to breakfast in bed, clean clothes, and dinner every night. Cheers!
Sandy: House Wife??? You think I am going to be a house wife? I don't even know how to cook!
Tom: Well I guess I'll have to keep mom. Mom, come join us.
Sandy: What?? You want your mom to live with us?
Mom: Yes dear. Here is your grilled cheese sandwich, just the way you like it.
Tom: Get in mom. There’s a spot between Sandy and I so you can feed me.
Sandy: This is crazy.
Mom: Sorry, Sandy. Can you move over there. You are crowding us.

1 comment:

  1. Bett, I am humbled that you would quote me, but you are for some reason paraphrasing adding additional words.
    The quote is:
    Quantity over Quality becomes Quality over Time
    -Patrick McInnis
    21st Century All Around Funny Person

    ReplyDelete